Friday, 5 May 2017

Rocker Card Tutorial


Hazel shows us how to make her beautiful Rocker card in this Tutorial step by step.

Rocker Card Tutorial

Today I'm here to show you how to make a sweet little rocker card. I really like to make these are they are a bit different from a square card but are quite simple to make. 







Lyndas Kraft Card
Lace Collection Paper Colours Used - Dusky Pink, Pearl and Leaf Green
Circle Dies
Any other Embellishments you want to have. 



 First you cut out your base. I have used a base of 6 inches. ( I tend to work in inches but the cm sizes are in the photos as well. You could round them up if you work in cm) You can however make it as big or small as you would like. 



The top layer I have made 4 1/2 inches. 




 With your base, once you have matted up your paper you fold it in half to make the rocker base.  If you have a bone folder its good to use it here as it makes the edges stronger and much crisper. 



On the back of my base I have added a wee circle for writing on.  The kraft circles here are 1 3/4 inches with the text ones being 1 1/4 inches. 



 A little tip is especially on the printed paper that needs to be precisely cut is to line it up and then use a small piece of masking tape to stop it jumping when you put it through the die cutter.  



 Next you pop the top layer onto your folded base. I have used a strong glue to make it adhere. I glued it just under half way up. 



To give my flowers some dimension I used an embossing tool on the back of the petals to round them slightly. 



Finally you embellish your creation how you would like it.  I have used the pretty flowers. I didn't use the largest petals for this card I wanted a few little ones. I love a bit of sparkle so used glitter glue round the edges.  




Hazel used the beautiful Lace collection disc from the Companion range to purchase your copy please click the picture below to be taken to our website.


Thanks for popping by today. I hope this has inspired you to get crafty.  

4 comments:

  1. such a good idea and so well explained xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really pretty card Hazel and a great tutorial. I've added the Lace Cd to my vast collection of crafting Cds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah glad you like it Pamela, looking forward to seeing what you make with the CD, Love H xx

      Delete