Monday, 3 July 2017

Paper Piecing Tutorial.

Paper Piecing Tutorial.



 Hi,

Its Hazel (Didos) From the Paper Boutique Design Team and I'm here today to show  how to do paper piecing.  

Paper Piecing is a great way to be able to use your stamps but not colour in. So if you have wanted to get some of the Paper Boutique Stamps but you don't like colouring or don't know where to start then paper piecing could be just for you!!! 





 Paper Piecing is cutting and adhering patterned (or plain paper) to a previously stamped image to decorate it. 

I have used the A Hint of a Hoot Set here.  

Firstly grab all the bits and pieces that you will need. 



 Stamp your image onto your card. It doesn't matter what type of ink pad you use.  



 Next stamp the image onto the patterned papers.



 Cut your image out with scissors or a craft knife. Whatever you are comfortable with.  I ended up using both as my birdys had tiny wings and beaks so needed a precision knife to cut them.



 Finally glue the patterned paper shapes you have cut out over the initial stamped image and there you have it a paper pieced image.  




I love the effect you get with paper piecing as your papers and stamped image match each other perfectly.

I hope you enjoyed my wee tutorial.  I would love to see your paper piecing too. Pop it on the Creative Friends Page on Facebook and we can all inspire each other.

Thanks for Dropping by


Hazel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment